Thursday 6 June 2013

Convention - Day 2 & 3


Well I'm finally back to tell you about Convention and to avoid further disruptions I will tell you all about Day 2 and 3 in the one post, but in not as much detail.

So Day 2 kicked off with another General Session. Aaron Scott, Business Development Manager at the Sydney Office, gave us some business updates plus some sales and recruiting facts and figures. We then had some stamping from Shelli, sneak peeks of new products, some more giveaways and then we all headed off to our business classes.

My two morning classes flew by as they were jam packed with all the information I really needed. Then it was time for a quick lunch then off to the My Digital Studio class. As I had opted to do the 3 business classes it meant I only had about 40 minutes to do my make & takes after the MDS class finished. I managed to get the notecards done and I plan to finish the others when my pre order arrives next week. I used the new Hello, Lovely stamp set we received for FREE at Convention along with some of the new colours which are just beautiful. Here's a sneak peak;

 
 
 
 
 
 
So what do you think? Leave me a comment and let me know which is your favourite new colour. I'm loving them all at the moment and with the new Colour Coach we received as a freebie at Convention also, working out which colours co ordinate together will be a breeze. I'll share the other make & takes once I have them finished.
 
By the end of day 2 I was totally exhausted and opted to give the Awards Night and After Party a miss and get an early night. I needed all the energy I could muster for the last day!
 
So I started Day 3 with two more business classes, then went off to the Demonstrator Theatre where some demonstrators shared with us some awesome projects they had created with products from the new catalogue. They were all so inspirational and super talented. Once finished I went off to quickly have lunch before we went into our last General Session.
 
It began with Rich Jutkins, President & COO, give one of the most amazing speeches...I even shed a tear and I can assure you I wasn't the only one. Then we saw some wonderful projects created by Shannon West and Sophie Zadeh before Shelli gave her closing speech. Then it was over..I had experienced my first Stampin' Up! Convention and loved every minute! I can honestly say if it's that much fun every year I'll be there for sure. Well I hope you have enjoyed hearing all about my adventure. Next year it's in Melbourne so who wants to come along and join me?
 

Marsha xx
 
Recipe:
Stamps - Hello, Lovely Stamp Set*
Cardstock - Whisper White Notecards with Envelope
Inks - Bermuda Bay*, Coastal Cabana*, Crisp Cantaloupe*, Old Olive
Accessories - Basic Rhinestones
* Items available from July 1st 2013.
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment