Wednesday 5 June 2013

Make A Digital Statement Tour 2013

 
Well I spoke too soon...I have another update for you!

My Digital Studio (or MDS as we affectionately call it) is Stampin' Up!'s digital design software which features all of their exclusive artwork, colours and templates. Although it has been available to the North American market for a few years, it was only released in Australia a couple of months ago.

Now to be honest, even though I have longed to have MDS for a while now, it still secretly scared me the pants off me. I had attempted to use other digital design programs before and just felt way out of my depth. I loved the ideas and the projects that digital designing was capable of producing but with me being so technologically challenged, I cringed at the thought of trying to get the knack of it. 

That was until I did a class at Convention called MDS...YES!!! run by the lovely Shannon West from the Home Office in Utah. It was in that class that we learnt how to create a birthday card, step by step. Although I didn't have my laptop with me in the class, I left feeling more confident and upon returning home I gave it a go. Now I'm not going lie, I did have a minor hiccup but I definitely found it much easier than my previous attempts with Photoshop.

So why am I telling you all this? Well Stampin' Up! wants all us to have the confidence and knowledge to venture into the wonderful world of digital design and is therefore launching their 'Make A Digital Statement Tour 2013'. The Perth event will be held at the Perth Convention & Exhibition Centre on Saturday 24th August from 9am - 1pm. It costs $35 and includes the full version of the MDS software which is fabulous value as to purchase the software alone is almost $25. I'm super excited to be able to go along and further my knowledge of MDS and I would love all of you to join me. You can find more information about the event here.

Now if you do register to come along and can get your software downloaded and installed before the event, I will provide you with a copy of the Birthday Card step by step instructions we recieved at Convention to help you get know MDS a little more before the class. If you are wondering what it looked like, here it is;

So take the plunge, come along with me to the 'Make a Digital Statement Tour 2013' and discover how My Digital Studio and digital design can fit into your life and how fun and easy it can be!



Marsha xx







No comments:

Post a Comment