Saturday 8 June 2013

Swallowtail Part 2

Hey Sminkers

Remember back in January when I was making samples for the launch of the Seasonal Catalogue and I said that I had made another Swallowtail card for the birthday of a close friend (her name is Sara by the way). Well now her birthday has been so I can show you her birthday card and the gift bag I made to match. So here they are;
 

 
What do you all think? It's very similar to the one I showed you previously as Sara was the main inspiration for the original card. Island Indigo and Pool Party are two of her favourite colours and she just happens to love butterflies too. Apologies about the photo of the bag, it was too big for my photo box. I'm so happy the Swallowtail stamp is carrying over to the new catalogue and Island Indigo and Pool Party are now part of the core colour range. I will definitely miss the Two Tags Bigz Die and the Curly Cute stamp set I used to create the gift tag. They are two of my favourite products so will be keeping them in my personal stash for sure. If you would like to get your hands on either of these items from the Retirement List, get in quick as I'm sure they won't last too long. See the Retirement List here.

Look how easy it is to create a co-ordinated gift bag to match a lovely homemade card. Only problem I ran into was I made the card and then realised it didn't fit in the square envelopes I had on hand but she loved it regardless. I'm going to make some more of these in various colours to keep on hand for some other birthdays I have coming up later in the year. Simple yet effective and most of all made with love. Thanks for stopping by!


Marsha xx

Recipe:Stamps -  Swallowtail, Petite Pairs, Curly Cute
Cardstock - Island Indigo, Pool Party, Whisper White
Inks - Island Indigo, Versamark

Accessories - Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Two Tags Bigz Die, Sycamore Street Ribbon in Pool Party and Island Indigo,  Island Indigo Bakers Twine, Dazzling Diamonds, SNAIL adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment