Saturday 25 January 2014

Love Is In The Air!


Bet you didn't think you would hear from me again so soon did you! Well I had my first class for the year today and it was themed 'Love Is In the Air' with Valentine's Day just around the corner. I know I promised to show you my backlog of stuff in order but I really wanted to share with you what we made today and maybe give you some inspiration for your own creations.

Now we didn't just focus on Valentine's Day but instead created cards for some other 'Love' occasions like wedding, anniversary and Christmas. What? Did she just say Christmas? Yes I did! Some of the ladies in my class always run out of time later in the year for Christmas cards so they have requested I include one at each class so that by the end of the year they should have a good head start. So to tie in with the theme I used the Love & Joy stamp in the Holiday Catalogue. Now just a heads up, if you would like anything from this catalogue you better get cracking because it finishes on 1st of February.


I got the idea for this card from one I saw a few months back by Rochelle Blok. I changed the orientation and simplified it a bit but was really happy with the outcome. This would be a great one to mass produce as it's super quick and easy.

The second card we made was an Anniversary card as most of us need one of these on hand. I saw two similar cards on Pinterest, one by Beth McAlexander and another by Wendy Weixler. I really liked elements from each so I used those along with my Night of Navy, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla colour combo to come up with this.

 
The third card we made was a wedding card as it's always good to have one of these on hand also. I stuck with the classic combo of Basic Black and Very Vanilla with the Modern Medley Designer Series Paper then added some bling with the Silver Glimmer Paper and Rhinestones.
 
 
What do you think? You could easily add a bit of colour especially if you wanted to customise it to match the wedding but I think this is really elegant.
 
Last but not least is our Valentine's card. This one was based on one by Dawn Olchefske but I've just mixed it up a bit and utilised current products.
 
 
Well I hope you have enjoyed seeing my cards as much as I have enjoyed sharing them with you. If there is anything you would like to know like measurements, products used etc please leave me a comment and I will send the details through to you. I'll be back soon to show you some of the other fun things we got up to in our classes last year. Take care!
 
Marsha xx

No comments:

Post a Comment